Lunar New Year is one of the most important festivals for millions around the world who return home to spend time with family, eat traditional foods, and share gifts with lots of red – a symbol of good luck and fortune for many Asian cultures. In celebration of the Year of the Tiger, Xfinity customers can access thousands of hours of Asian and Asian American entertainment in one curated destination via Xfinity On Demand and Flex, from February 1 to February 16.
For the second year in a row, Comcast has teamed up with guest editor Lisa Ling and Gold House, the non-profit collective of Asian and Pacific Islander cultural leaders that invests in new opportunities and celebrates historic Asian achievements, to leverage its talent relationships and staff for content recommendations to supplement the Asian American editorial voice on Xfinity’s video platforms. Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex customers can browse and navigate the experience with the voice remote by saying “Asian American” and “Lunar New Year” to access a wide variety of popular movies, music videos, behind-the-scenes content, and more, including:
- X1 and Flex movies on demand like “Minari,” “Crouching Tiger & Hidden Dragon,” “Spirited Away,” “Joy Luck Club,” and “Crazy Rich Asians.”
- Featured programming from Xumo, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Tubi, Kocowa, Anime Network, Hi-YAH!, Music Choice, GMA Pinoy, Filipino On Demand and TVK Pop.
- Recommendations from Gold House and Asian American entertainer Lisa Ling, available via Xfinity on Demand on X1 and Xfinity Stream.
- Collections and YouTube selections featuring movies, music, traditions, and recipes.
- A unique digital wallpaper of swimming Koi Fish, which symbolize good luck, abundance, and perseverance.
“We are thrilled to celebrate the Year of the Tiger by teaming up with Gold House, for the second year in a row, and offering our Xfinity customers curated content that showcases the best Asian and Asian American programming available,” said Keesha Boyd, Executive Director, Multicultural Video & Entertainment, Xfinity Consumer Services.
Year round, Xfinity customers can visit Xfinity’s “Asian American Film & TV” destination on Xfinity On Demand, a first of its kind collection, showcasing hundreds of curated titles, integrating culturally relevant content from partners including Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, and Pandora, and celebrating significant cultural observances. For more information on programming, visit Xfinity.com/AsianAmerican.